Launched in 2005, iDEAL provides a payment guarantee to merchants while enabling consumers to pay online through their mobile banking app or online bank account. iDEAL is the most successful and most used payment method in the Netherlands.
According to iDEAL:
- iDEAL holds a 71% market share in the Netherlands, making it easy to reach millions of Dutch consumers for their e-commerce purchases.
- iDEAL is accepted by merchants in over 60 countries outside of the Netherlands.
- Consumers spend more than €30 billion a year using iDEAL.
- Approximately 130,000 e-commerce merchants accept the payment method.
- Dutch consumers make more than 50 million purchases a month using iDEAL.
Supported banks include ABN AMRO, ASN Bank, bunq, ING, Knab, Rabobank, RegioBank, Revolut, SNS, Svenska Handelsbanken, Triodos Bank, and Van Lanschot.