Yes, you can customize your checkout domain with MONEI.
By default MONEI’s checkout domain is secure.monei.net. By customizing your checkout domain, your customers will see your domain name instead of getting redirected to a MONEI domain.
Example: secure.yourdomain.com or pay.yourdomain.com
If you purchased a domain from a third-party provider (like GoDaddy or Namecheap) and want to use your custom domain during the payment process, you can connect it to your checkout page by following a process called domain mapping.
In this process, you'll change a few settings in your registrar's account. After completing these steps, your domain will stay registered with the host that you purchased the domain from, but it will connect to your MONEI checkout.
Getting started with connecting your domain to MONEI
Before you begin, please note the following:
Important! If you're having issues related to DNS settings or CNAME configuration while setting up your domain, please contact your webmaster or DNS provider instead of MONEI Support. If you don't have a webmaster, contact a MONEI Expert.
- Your domain should already be registered with a third-party provider. If it’s not, see the domain provider list below.
- After you connect your domain, you must leave it registered with your provider to keep it connected to your MONEI checkout.
- Your domain provider must offer full DNS access. If they don't, you’ll need to transfer the domain to a new provider before connecting it to MONEI.
- We recommend using your domain provider's default nameservers and updating the DNS settings in your domain account.
- Most domains connect to a site within 10 minutes to a few hours, but it can sometimes take up to 72 hours. Keep this timing in mind if you have a deadline.
To set up your custom domain, follow these steps:
Step 1: Go to your settings here and click on Custom domain.
Step 2: Enter your custom domain and click Enable custom domain.
Step 3: When you get to the next page, follow the instructions to update your DNS settings and configure your domain.
You will need to reference instructions from your domain provider. View a list of popular providers below, including links to CNAME configuration support pages.
Important! There are two steps to complete the configuration of your custom domain. You must complete step 1 below before you can proceed to step 2.
Domain provider instructions
Different providers have different procedures for updating DNS records. The following list contains links to the documentation for several common providers.
- 123 Reg
- Google Domains
If your provider isn't on the list, you can use your domain with MONEI if you have access to DNS records.
Go to the support pages and search: How to Create a CNAME Record For Your Domain to find instructions.
If you're not sure who your DNS provider is, contact your system administrator for more information.