Selling CBD oil online has become increasingly popular over the years, but it’s still considered a high-risk industry with legal grey areas.
Recent regulatory updates have changed the legal status of CBD oil in Spain, and we're supporting Spanish merchants so you can accept CBD payments online. However, in order to sell CBD online, your business must meet certain requirements, which you can learn about below:
CBD product requirements
Your products must meet these general requirements:
- No product may have a THC content greater than 0.2%
- The products must be manufactured and sold within the EU
- The CBD products must be for human use only
Secondly, if your products meet the above requirements, it’s necessary to present evidence of:
- Registration in the European Portal for the Notification of Cosmetic Products (CPNP). This must be done by both the company that produces the product and the company that distributes it (in case it’s not the same).
- Once you’ve received this registration document, it must be sent to MONEI's Legal and Compliance Area in order to validate the documentation provided and approve your MONEI account.
📌Note: MONEI reserves the right to reject account activation.
CBD payment gateway pricing and plans
Depending on the types of CBD products you sell, there are two MONEI pricing plans to choose from:
- MONEI X. You may sign up for the MONEI X plan if you sell CBD-infused cosmetic products that meet all of the above requirements.
- MONEI PLUS. You may sign up for the MONEI PLUS plan if you sell other types of CBD-infused products that are not cosmetics. But your MONEI account approval will be dependent on whether your acquiring bank approves your business and provides you with a Virtual POS.
📌Note: Pricing for platform usage is the same, but processing CBD payments has a high-risk fee that can range from 3% to 10% per transaction.